June 19-25, 2017 is National Pollinator Week!
On Tuesday, June 22nd, the National Wildlife Federation and beekeeper and Shark Tank co-host, Daymond John, will be lighting up the Empire State Building yellow and black, like a bee, to call attention to the plight of our pollinators.
Click here to see how you can help pollinators in NYC: www.surveymonkey.com/r/NYCBees
View the list of Pollinator Week events happening in NYC here: http://pollinator.org/pollinatorweek/events#New-York
To participate in NWF’s Instagram Contest for Pollinators, follow these simple steps:
1. Take a picture of yourself eating something that was produced by pollinators (Hint: most fruits and vegetables are a good bet).
2. Upload to Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/growing_a_wild_nyc/
3. Use the hashtags: #GrowingaWildNYC #polliNATION #SaveOurPollinators
4. Tell as many friends as possible to post too!
5. Follow our Instagram page to see if you won! Winners will be announced by end-June 2017.
The Contest is open to the general public.